Treasures in the Cadogan Gallery
Explore 22 objects spanning 4.5 billion years of the Earth's history in in the Treasures Cadogan Gallery.
Each exhibit tells a remarkable story and has been chosen for its scientific, historical and cultural importance. From a meteorite and moon rock, a dodo to Darwin's pigeons, and the intricate Blaschka glass models, uncover some of the most extraordinary specimens in our collection.
Star specimens and exhibits
- beautiful butterflies collected by Alfred Russel Wallace
- original images from John James Audubon's Birds of America book
- Sir Hans Sloane's beautifully carved nautilus shell
- an emperor penguin egg collected during Robert Falcon Scott's Antarctic expedition
- and don't miss our visitors’ favourite, Guy the gorilla