Examine remarkable fossil evidence of long-ago events in the Last Impressions gallery.
From 200-million-year-old wave ripples on beach sand to a petrified tree stump, dinosaur footprints, and a giant ammonite, the past is imprinted on all of these gallery specimens.
Star specimens and exhibits
- sedimentary rock shaped by Earth's moving crust and shifting continents
- agate grown in the gas bubbles of molten lava
- goats horns and stegodont teeth
- lichens that live for 10,000 years
- and bamboo that grows a metre a day