3 April - 14 September 2014
10.00 - 17.50
Wander through our tropical butterfly house full of live, free-flying butterflies and moths and experience one of nature's magical life cycles.
Ticket prices: adults £5.50, family £19, children and concessions £5.50.
Free for Members, Patrons and children under 4.
Ticket prices include a small voluntary donation to the Museum.
Spot species from around the world, fluttering above you and among the dense foliage.
Learn about the magical metamorphosis of these fragile creatures as you make your way through the exhibition, which also includes fun interactive displays for children.
- Experience in close-up more than 50 live butterfly and moth species from around the world, including the brilliant blue morpho and spectacular swallowtail.
- Learn about eggs and chrysalises, how wings work and the way butterflies use their senses.
- Take part in butterfly challenges and follow the trail to collect stamps.
- Peep through the hatchery window and watch butterflies and moths emerging from their pupae.
- Ask the butterfly house staff your own questions.