Have you ever touched a meteorite from space? Or a fossilised dinosaur bone?
Come and be a scientist in the Investigate centre. Use microscopes and other scientific tools to explore 100s of stunning objects from the natural world, just like our Museum scientists do. Our friendly staff are on hand to help you with your explorations.
Investigate is free for everyone to drop in and explore. It is located on the Museum's lower ground floor in the Green Zone.
Investigate visiting details
- The centre is reserved for school visits on weekday mornings during term time. General visitors are welcome term time weekday afternoons between 15.30 and 17.00 (last entry is 16.30).
- During holidays and weekends, the centre is open from 11.00 to 17.00 (last entry is 16.30).
- At busy times you may be given a ticket and asked to come back at a later time, so please allow time in your visit for this.
- Handle and examine real specimens from the natural world.
- Explore living organisms in the adjoining courtyard garden.
- Study specimens using microscopes and other scientific instruments and resources.
- Call on our Science Educators to support and guide your investigations.
- Most suitable for families and schools with children aged 7 to 14 years, but there's something for everyone.