Our charitable status
The Museum is an exempt charity, regulated by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport. Your donations help support our pioneering research, educational programmes, and the maintenance of our iconic galleries and buildings.
We need your support to carry out critical scientific research, maintain our world-famous building and create informative exhibitions that engage the public.
Consider giving to the Museum today. Your gift means the world to us.
There are many ways you can give:
- make a donation with JustGiving
- donate by phone: text NHMU00 £5 to 70070 to give £5 (A charge of £5 will be added to your phone bill. The Museum will receive your entire donation. UK handsets only.)
- download, fill in and return our donation form PDF (40 KB)
- fundraise for us with Virgin Money Giving
- become a Member of the Museum from £60
- become a Patron of the Museum from £1,000
- businesses can support the Museum through corporate partnerships
- remember the Museum with a gift in your Will
Choose Gift Aid
If you are a UK taxpayer we can claim extra money from the government when you select Gift Aid with your donation.