- You may not use obscene or offensive language or post obscene or offensive material.
- You may not place on NaturePlus any material that is defamatory, abusive, discriminatory or hateful or which applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or hate or which brings the Natural History Museum or any of its employees, volunteers or other affiliates into disrepute.
- You may not post any material on NaturePlus which has been disclosed to you in confidence or which, by its nature, is confidential.
- You may not post any material on NaturePlus (including identifying information of private individuals or public figures) that compromises the privacy or security of anyone other than yourself.
- You may not place on NaturePlus any material (including photographs) belonging to any person (or any material where the rights belong to any person) other than yourself without the prior written consent of the owner.
- You may not place on NaturePlus any material where the use by Natural History Museum, or any third party licensed or permitted by the Museum, will give rise to any third party claims.
- You grant the Natural History Museum the unrestricted, perpetual right to use, reproduce, translate and distribute any material (including text, photographs or video) you place on NaturePlus.
- Whilst we do not always pre-screen submissions placed on NaturePlus, we do have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted to NaturePlus.
- The Natural History Museum accepts no responsibility for any statements, material or other submissions placed on NaturePlus by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of these rules of acceptable use.
- If you become aware that any material or any activity carried out on NaturePlus is offensive, unlawful or infringes any third party rights in any way, please send an appropriately worded message to the Museum by email using this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall then act quickly to remove or disable access to the material, where appropriate.
- Access to NaturePlus is provided for private and non-commercial use and for the exchange of lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of NaturePlus that is inconsistent with these purposes is strictly prohibited. If you do not agree to the specific terms and conditions set out above, or the general terms and conditions, do not submit contributions to NaturePlus.
- You must be aged 12 or over to create a NaturePlus account. If you are aged 12 or over but under 16 please make sure you have asked your parent of guardian for permission before you create an account and use NaturePlus.
These terms and conditions of use are additional to and not a substitute for the terms and conditions of use of the Natural History Museum website.
Download these Terms and Conditions PDF (51.7 KB)
Last updated: 16 September 2014